Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fine art paintings, Collage, Lino Prints, & Note Cards

I’ve already shared with you my appreciation for all things guitar related, so the item I picked from today’s featured artist, George McKim, won’t be a surprise. Not only is this a lovely piece of art, I really enjoyed George’s description of it. You can “hear” his passion for the art and this piece in particular.

Description: This collage is a homage to the great art movement known as Cubism, you know with that guy, what's his name? Umm, oh yeah, Picasso and that other guy named Braque. It's an abstract design based on the shape of a guitar. I think this is one of the best collages I've ever done, even if I do say so myself! It's a tip of the hat to the great Cubist painters, but it's light and lively yet subdued and classic. The paper size is 11" x 14" and it has some white border area. With a really nice framing job this collage will look stunning , don't you agree?


George also offers for sale in his shop note cards made from images of any of his work. It’s a wonderful way to own a bit of art inexpensively!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates