Saturday, December 15, 2007

Featured Artist: Crafty Moose

Have you ever heard of Ikebana? I’m pretty sure I’ve heard the word before, but I didn’t know what it meant when I stumbled onto it in Crafty Moose’s Etsy shop. So, I did what any internet addict would do, and Wiki’d it. Check it out:

Ikebana (生け花 or いけばな? "arranged flower"),[1] is the Japanese art of flower arrangement, also known as kadō (華道 kadō?, the "way of flowers").
In contrast to the massing of blooms typical of flower arrangement in western countries, Japanese flower arrangement is based on the line of twigs and/or leaves, filled in with a small number of blooms. The container is also a key element of the composition. The structure of a Japanese flower arrangement is based on a scalene triangle delineated by three main points, usually twigs, considered in some schools to symbolize heaven, earth, and man.
I’m quite sure I’ve seen Ikebana in the past. The simple structure and clean lines achieved with something as boundless as nature is striking.

Crafty Moose’s interpretation is fun and whimsical but at the same time it is clearly evidence of skill and craftsmanship. It would be a wonderful adornment and sweet distraction on an office desk. Do you have a coworker who deserves a little something as a thank you for sitting so close to you every day? If so, look no further, this is it!

1 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you for the very nice feature! I learned alot about Ikebana while creating this. There are many styles & I chose to use the more freeform style--less rules! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates