Sunday, December 9, 2007

Atomic Holiday Bazaar

I'm just now settling in after a long day at the Atomic Holiday Bazaar. I posted mention of it on this blog a few days ago, so check that out if you missed it. We had a great time, there were lots of customers, really great vendors to meet, and I was so super excited about how stinkin' cute our space looked! Lots of pictures to follow, and yes I'm even going to bore you with details about all the display ideas we implemented, but I think it was my favorite part of the day... selling tons of our lovingly made handmade items was definitely a close second!
Here's the over view of the booth. We were on a corner, so we had two accessible sides. We set up a table on one side and my dress form (a.k.a. Moi), the dress rack and the sling rack on the other side. Michael Miller disco dots fabric in pink and green (Christmasy but not over the top) fabric draped askew in the corner, and the cutest ever white feather Christmas tree decorated with pink and green plastic ornaments adorned the end of the table and set the tone for the space... still true to our boutique style, but so super fun!
So, I'm really embarrassed to admit that this is the debut of the bean bags that I posted about in this blog 3+ months ago. I finally... finally... finally... got motivated to make them, and they were totally worth the wait if I do say so myself (and I will). I'm super excited about posting them to Etsy tomorrow morning and will be sure to point out that they're sold as a set of 5 in my most popular sling fabric, pink/brown or aqua/brown. You can also order a set of Count and Spell bean bags with any numbers and letters you'd like embroidered on them (the child's name is a great place to start). Either set is packaged in a Chinese take out box tied with coordinating ribbon and cutesy label. Bean Bags are an amazing toy, I guarantee you'll be astounded by the imaginative play they encourage... all whirling, flashing, buzzing free!
Check out the way we displayed the tag blankets. Karie picked up this adorable push toy for Ava for Christmas and it was just too perfect to not break it in a bit for use in displaying the tag blankets. And you can catch a glimpse of the winner of the hottest Elle Belle item of the show to the left there. The chubbies were a huge hit, and were sold out within the first hour or so. They are the best stocking stuffer ever and that doesn't even address just how practical their design is. Get your own set of these chubby crayons for chubby hands here.


There's not quite as much opportunity for creative play with the display racks, but all the fun fabric and variety of choices made this side of the booth a popular spot. Here's your glimpse into the latest Elle Belle product soon to be listed in the Etsy shop. New slings, pillowcase dresses, and even a brand new take on the pillowcase dress in the form of a more tailored but just as versatile top were debuted and well received. Oh, and I can't forget our awesome banner displayed perfectly in the ingenious frame my uber handy, beyond supportive, hubby made for us.

Okay, that's as good as it gets for 11:35 at night after I've only had 4 hrs of sleep the night prior and have been up all day working hard. Definitely keep an eye on the Elle Belle Etsy shop in the next couple of days for all the new product!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates