Monday, December 3, 2007

Featured Etsy Artist – Banana Showcase

Here’s what Banana Showcase has to say about her business - Just one girl and a very loved sewing machine -- that is all there is to Banana Showcase. I have been a crafter since I was a very little girl. I love to make things with my hands and now having people use the things I make is so exciting. I have sewn since I was a teen but recently discovered that purses are so fun to create. I also love visiting thrift stores so you will find that some of my bags are created from vintage fabrics or other vintage clothing items that have been repurposed to become purses.

I like how she refers to her sewing machine as “loved”… it’s funny how they almost take on a life of their own… I love my machine too J (note to self: add “How do I love thee – Let me count the stitches” to list of future blog posts).

I adore this messenger bag! I’ve actually had my eye on it for quite some time… prior to joining this challenge in fact. I have a great appreciation for Amy Butler fabric and this print is one of my favorites (as you can see by one of my currently listed slings. See below). It looks smashing paired with this small wale gray corduroy. All those pockets are sure to keep everything in its place and the little details like the magnetic closure and metal rings that hold the strap on give it a lovely finished look. Constructed with interfacing to give it stability and ensure that it hold its shape and triple stitching keeping the strap durable add up to a quality made bag. I’m totally sold on it…

and it’s just too much of a coincidence that this bag ended up in the 90 day challenge and I have a sling made of the same material, it’s a sign that if I sell my “matching” sling I’ll just have to buy it!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates