Saturday, December 29, 2007

Daydreaming Welcomed at Dream ON

Dream On features a collection of watercolors & acrylics by artist, Mary Hamilton. One of the things people have said about Mary’s artwork is “that it tends to promote mental vacations.” What a lovely thought…especially during this hectic time of year!






For instance, “Let’s Take A Spin” (pictured above), transports us to a mountain lake in early Spring. Wouldn’t you just love to go on a road trip to this destination?


Or you could take a much needed cocktail break anytime, with “Martini of the Day.” I really like the simple lines and bold red and gold used in this painting. It would make a great addition to a modern professional’s office!

This Etsy artist states, “I always loved to cut, paste, paint and draw from my earliest memories. Creating art is what I do, it's built-in by my creator, He enables me, and I love it.”
I was also impressed by Mary’s definition of her work – “I value the presence of a recognizable subject in my paintings. I love it when the center of interest appears in the midst of background objects that aren’t so well-defined. I want watercolor to look like watercolor, and I want my paintings to have a painterly look, not a photographic copy. Therefore I am an impressionist, because I don’t want to over-control the media.”

Based in St. Petersburg, FL, you can find a lot of “local” inspiration in the paintings at DreamON.

“Egmont Surprise” is an original watercolor of the Egmont Key Lighthouse, which sits on the SW coast of Florida, on a lonely island in Tampa Bay. She takes license with the hibiscus flower in the corner (they don’t grow on the island!), to add a stunning splash of color.


This shop offers some lovely visions – escape to Dream ON!

1 comments:

DreamON said...

Stacey, thank you for the wonderful feature. Daydreaming is always welcomed!
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates