Friday, March 4, 2011

Typographic Poster

I’m really excited to tell you about a class I’m taking! It’s an Illustrator 101 online class through Nicole’s Classes. I really like the format of the class and I plan to do a more formal review of the experience and Nicole’s Classes when I’m finished with the course. But for now, I wanted to tell you about it because I’ve been spending some of my blogging time on Illustrator & will need to continue to do that for the month of March. But, the good news is that there are weekly homework assignments during which I can make fun projects to share here on my blog… sort of in exchange for neglecting you all just a bit (not too much though, Your Way Wednesdays will keep going & I’ll fit in other fun things as soon as I have a chance to write them up).

Our first assignment was to design & create a 16”x20” typographic poster. I submitted two for my homework. I made one for a friend and another for my favorite blog readers (you all of course!). First up, the one I made for a friend:

Cute right?! It’s a simple design but I really like the font and the colors.

 
And I made this one for you:


I thought it would be really cute in a nursery or over a crib. Framed, it would make a unique shower gift for a mommy-to-be too.
 
If you want this poster, (I hope that means you like my blog and are a follower *wink*wink*nudge*nudge) just leave me a comment with your email address and I’ll email the file to you. You can have it printed at any photo processing lab (Costco prints this poster size for $5.99), pick up a poster frame with a 40% off Michael’s coupon, and you’ll have inexpensive fun wall art!
Photobucket

12 comments:

Pen and Paperie said...

Very nice posters!!
An online Illustrator class, huh? Photoshop I've got down, but Illustrator stumps me. I may have to look into that.

Liberty said...

LOVE them both (my oldest son's name is Max)!! I would love to learn how to be creative like this...

My email address is lma76@comcast.net

xxoo,
Liberty

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

So great of you to think of your blog followers! Those are cute homework assignments.

Donna J. Ward said...

Love the poster, and just in time for a baby shower gift.
Thanks.

Krista Cheatham said...

I just found your blog, and love it! I would love to give this print to my friend and my sister-in-law, who are both expecting!
Thanks, Krista

fowndlove@gmail.com
fowndlove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

the baby would be a perfect way to tell my husband I'm pregnent... when that happens (we're going to start trying) angeleyes_hw@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the baby poster emailed to me at hotmama@cepros.com

We have a ton of baby showers this year and this is a great idea!

Thank you,
Jennifer Mitchell

Jennifer Hancock said...

Just found your blog and would love to get a copy of your baby poster to use at my SIL upcoming shower.

Email to: family.hancock@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jennifer

kandi said...

very adorable! i would love to have the baby print for sophia's nursery... even though she'll be 1 in a month and 6 days! :( its going way too fast! kandipoirier@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Love this! Please email this to me. I would love to know how you did the M is for Max also.
P.S. My name is Stacy too! Lol
My email is stacybaggett@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello-
I just discovered your blog as I was searching online for birthday party ideas for my son. I would love to have the baby poster emailed to me. Thank you!
taylor-marie@lycos.com

Anonymous said...

Love the BABY poster and would love to make one for my daughter: terry.dawson@capital.k12.de.us

Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates