Thursday, January 6, 2011

No Sew Kitchen Stool Covers

I'm not waisting any time on my 2011 to do list!  I've already got a big ol' check mark next to cover my kitchen stools. 
I'm showing you all my dirty little secrets lately... first my messy bento cabinet and now my grungy kitchen stools (promise not to like me less!):
Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the good stuff. I flipped the stools over and unscrewed the 4 screws that attached the cushions to the stool frame.  I found a fabric scrap (that was just barely big enough) in my stash that matches our kitchen decor and cut two pieces several inches bigger than the stool cushions.

I was prepared to tell you all that depending on the materials your cushion is made from, you'll likely need a heavy duty staple gun.  However, half way through stapling one of the covers, this happened:

Okay, my Doug didn't really take the staple gun apart half way through the project... it jammed.  Since I'm married to a man who adores me and does everything in his power to make/keep me happy, he set out on a mission to disassemble and reassemble my broken staple gun.  Oh how I love this man, lucky for him it's for so many reasons other than his ability to fix broken things! He wrestled with it for almost an hour before he admitted defeat. 

So I moved on to plan B, a plain old office stapler.  I couldn't believe it worked!  I did have to take out a few not so perfect staples, but more times than not, it did just fine. 

Drum roll please... introducing, my first ever vlog!  That's right, I took a video for you of how to staple the cover on and make a neat corner.  Disclaimer: I took this on my precious (a.k.a. iPhone) by myself so I'm holding my phone in one hand and trying to fold the corner with my other... just sayin'!

We're all just gonna ignore the fact that it's upside down... K??

So after you staple the fabric on and make neat folds at the corners, just screw the cushion back onto the frame and waaalaaa:

This post was linked to on:
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!


Photobucket



11 comments:

RedMarionette said...

These came out beautiful and you made it look so easy! Wonderful!

Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont said...

Love the fabric you chose! Great job. :)

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

so cute! i love the bold pattern of the fabric. nice pop of color for the room they are in.

mygirlishwhims@gmails.com
www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Great fabric choice... your stools look awesome! Thanks for sharing. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-favorite-things_4006.html

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Wish I had your crafting skills. These stools came out so pretty!

Unknown said...

Great job on your stools. The fabric is so completely you.

Thanks for linking up to Sew Fabulous Friday.

Elizabeth said...

Love the print you chose! So pretty! Would love for you to come visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! The party will be open all week if you'd like to link up multiple projects. Have a great day! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Brittny said...

These are so cute! I'm a new follower to your blog! Thanks for sharing this!

Brittnyscreativeunfoldings.blogspot.com

Five Seconds From Crazy said...

How awesome! I love sewing but anything that can get me out of it is also totally fab!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

Love that fabric. Super cute!!

AllieMakes! said...

Great job! An Office stapler?? Too funny!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates