Friday, July 9, 2010

Kick-off to a Series on Couponing

When was the last time you clipped a coupon? If it's been a while, I’d like to introduce you to a whole world of people who use coupons to buy stuff for free or almost free. It’s a great big confusing world that I spent at least 2 months being completely overwhelmed by. However, saving $100 or more every week on groceries and household necessities was good motivation for me to jump in and make sense of it all!

Although couponing really has nothing to do with what I usually post to this blog, I’ve decided to do a little 4 part series on it because 1) people have been asking me how I do it 2) I’ve never done a series, so that could be fun, and 3) if I could spare you the frustration I experienced starting out with this thing & make it easier for you to keep some of those hard earned dollars, I will have definitely done my good deed for at least the day… maybe even the week.

If you want to play along, you have a bit of homework... it's easy though, just buy at least 2 newspapers this coming Sunday, the 11th. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, buy the Tampa Tribune (don’t worry, those of you who don’t live in my neck of the woods, this series won’t be applicable just to my area, so go ahead and buy your papers too). We’ll get started Monday and I’ll post one part every day and wrap it all up on Friday.

2 comments:

Karie said...

Do you buy the St Pete Times as well?

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

Nope, just the Tampa Trib... The St. Pete Times and the Tampa Trib usually have the same flyers, and the Trib always has what the Times does.
But, I've found a few times that the Trib has had more flyers than the Times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates