Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Doing a Happy Dance!

We got accepted into Atomic Holiday Bazaar! It’s such a fun event; I’m really excited that we get to be a part of it again this year! It’s actually the only show I’m planning to do this year so there’s no excuse for not having a ton of inventory ready and waiting to be scooped up by all the hip shoppers that come out for AHB. I thought maybe if I put it in writing, even this far in advance, it’d help me focus on a goal and hold myself accountable to you all for the inventory I want to prepare. So, here you have it, my to do list for the next couple of months:


2 Mom tattoo slings
2 Bird tattoo slings
2 Lotus tattoo slings
2 Koi tattoo slings
3 solid color slings
5 cotton and/or lycra blend print slings
20 sets of themed crayon stocking stuffers
3 boy sensory snugglies
3 girl sensory snugglies
3 gender neutral sensory snugglies
1 sample embroidered girl sensory snuggly
1 sample embroidered boy (monogram) sensory snuggly
1 sample embroidered (“Baby ”) gender neutral sensory snuggly
3 sample size linen waters in each scent – lavender, vanilla, and orange (customers can scent their own pre-made snuggly and sample them to know which one they like best for custom orders)

In addition to this stuff, Ann will be sending her lovely goodies and I need to pick up a few things for one of my most favorite parts of doing a show… the display. I love the look of suitcases. I have a couple options for those I’m keeping in mind and I also need a better way to display the snugglies than I did last year (they were tag blankets then, but still). So what do you think?

The only thing I’m not super settled on is the number of not embroidered sensory snugglies. In the past I’ve always sold way more embroidered ones than not embroidered, in my Etsy shop, so I don’t want to have too large of a stock of unembroidered ones left over, but I don’t know if people are going to be excited about paying for and placing a custom order for something they can’t take away with them… even if I guarantee them in time for Christmas. I didn’t get any custom orders at any of the shows I did last year but I also didn’t display the premade blankets or the design your own concept very well at all, so I attribute it to that. I’d love to hear your feedback!

2 comments:

tinahdee said...

Did you sell a lot at this event? I just found out I have been accepted! How cool!!

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

I did well at AHB last year and I had an absolute blast! A good part of the crowd is young, which isn't really my target market, but I sold a lot of slings that were going to gifts, and that's pretty unusual for me... I usually sell directly to Mommies. So, it was definitely worth doing, and I'm really excited to be invited back this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates