Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OK, I give!

If I haven't mentioned it before, I live in Florida. I moved here from Illinois more than 10 years ago. Since I grew up in IL, I'm all too familiar with the cold and something I like to refer to as cold weather amnesia. That's where every Winter people like to say "THIS is the coldest Winter EVER!" But seriously, I'm not kidding, no joke, this really is the coldest Winter I've experienced in Florida! Usually we have cold "snaps" here... it gets cold, maybe even a frost for a night or two at the max and then we're back to the weather everyone covets. Not this year! It's been cold for at least two weeks straight. So I finally caved... after washing and re-washing the 4 sets of warm clothing my girls have I decided to make some leg warmers. Our sunny but cool afternoons are perfect for leg warmers paired with a skirt!

I haven't made leg warmers before because I've been happy with the sets I've bought for Winters past from the FateGoddess Etsy shop and also because I don't have a serger, so I steer clear of working with knits. But these couple weeks of cold weather constituted an emergency. So, I found this great tutorial, on the Daisy Designs Shop blog, followed it step by step and whaa laa!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway below... just a couple days left!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I love the leg warmers and that gorgeous model wearing them. My favorite item is definetly the sling. I gave this as a gift at a baby shower and the mother has not stopped talking about what a comfortable and convient asset it is to her....bravo Stacey. Vicki Rakas

Tressie Clemans said...

I love the leg warmers, too, but I have to say, it's the model that makes them wayyy cool!!!

Karie said...

Adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates