Thursday, July 23, 2009

Applique Outfits

Since I’m not in love with making clothing, I’ve done several projects that partly consist of embellishing existing pieces. The latest are these three little outfits, 2 for Liv & 1 for a sweet little birthday boy.
I used the bloomers pattern that was part of the pattern from Liv’s bubble suit (once I had them finished I compared them to a pair of 0-3 month store bought bloomers and the waist and legs look like the right size, but the butt part looks huge… she may be super poofy in these, we’ll see) to make the bloomers from a Michael Miller fabric I adore, and then just appliquéd a piece of the design on the little orange American Apparel tank top.


This second outfit also started out with just an American Apparel pink top that I appliquéd another fabric that keeps popping up in my projects. I used my machine’s blanket stitch around the appliqué (you do know how much I loath hand sewing right?!), and made the matching elastic waist pants from the kimono pattern in Amy Butler’s Little Stitches for Little Ones book.

This last outfit was for a first birthday. I had some unique import fabric that was just waiting for the right project and this was it. I appliquéd the 1 on the top, used my machine’s blanket stitch again (this time set bigger) and modified Amy Butler’s kimono pants pattern for a bigger size.

You gotta love quick and cute projects!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates