Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Collaged Clipboard

Even though we’re nearly across the country from each other, my Mom and I must have been on the same wave length because she and I both spent the day cleaning out and re-organizing our spaces a few weeks ago (see my My Space Now Hers post). My space happens to be a sewing studio, hers is an office were she runs her Real Estate business. So, for Mother’s Day I thought I would make her a collaged clipboard to help in her efforts to find a place for everything and keep everything in its place… not to mention add a little whimsy to her work area. If you’d like to make one as a gift or for yourself, there are a few tools that will make it easier and give you a nice finished product. In addition to the paper and embellishments you’ll use to decorate your clip board, you’ll need: scrappy glue, bone folder, sanding block, & corner rounder. First, cut your papers to fit the clipboard & round the bottom corners. Spread scrappy glue evenly over the surface of the clipboard (I used a tooth pick, you could also use a paint brush, to get an even coat) and adhere your papers. Tie bits of ribbon to the clip part. Add stickers (the blue “ribbon” that divides the two papers is actually adhesive backed paper and the cupcakes are cut from another piece of card stock and applied with more scrappy glue) and use your bone folder to cleanly apply any rub on transfers (the words are rub ons). Using your sanding block, sand all along the edge of the clip board; this gives it a really finished look and keeps the paper from lifting away from the edges. If you weren’t using distressed look papers like I did, you could use an ink pad to apply that finish to the piece. Have fun!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! So happy I found your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates