Friday, July 1, 2011

Vintage Label Can Centerpieces

 
Thanks so much for all the positive feedback on the U-Pick party.  It's always so fun when other people appreciate your vision and are inspired by it!  Speaking of... this isn't the reason for this post, but a good time to mention that Baby Lifestyles contacted me to tell me that one of their readers was inspired by the One Year Old in a Flash party I planned for my Liv last year.  Check out Jess' take on it on the Baby Lifestyles blog here.  If you've done any of the projects I've posted on my blog, I would LOVE to hear from you!
 
Now back to my regularly scheduled post, the first of many about some the details of the U-Pick party.  Today I have a free printable for you and an easy project that makes for really sweet centerpieces, cans with vintage labels.
 
I took some pictures of vintage can labels, resized them to fit standard cans of tomato soup (print some for yourself here), used the soup, cleaned the cans, and glued the labels on with hot glue.  I was originally planning on filling them with baby's breath, but one afternoon as we were walking around the U-Pick farm I noticed a tree on the neighbors property with Queen Anne's Lace growing on it, so we picked some the morning of the party and waa laa a really inexpensive, pretty, and easy to make centerpiece! 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

What a great project...and such a pretty finished product! Love the Queen Anne's lace, too. :-)

Crafty Brooklyn Army Wife said...

Tag your it! Please stop by my blog to pick up your award: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2011/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Just came across your blog via your feature on HWTM. WOW - that party was stunning! You are so talented. Love your blog and look forward to following along! :)

Dean Trout said...

Oh shucks, I tried to print your vintage can labels but the download and print features on the docstoc page didn't work. Any suggestions?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates