Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quilts!

I didn't have an opportunity to pick my favorite linked up project from last week's Your Way Wednesday post before I posted this week's.  Soooo, I'm posting now:

Did you see this quilt Iron Violet Designs linked to?  I so love how creative quilt design has become... that may be the wrong way to describe it, because quilting has tipped the creativity scales forever, but I just mean I really like how unique and different and many times so not traditional it's become.  Iron Violet's Lissy's Flowers quilt is exactly what I'm talking about.  Those pretty flowers are showing up in clothing design and craft projects and sewing all over the place, what a great idea to incorporate them into a quilt!

I have quilting on the brain lately though.  I am so ridiculously excited about a project I have to show you that is completely done except for... you guessed it... hand sewing the binding on.  I whipped up my biggest quilt yet in record time, I just couldn't put it down.  But as soon as it was finished I felt like I did when I read the entire Twilight series in 2 weeks (between my full time job, being 4 months pregnant, and my then 3 year old), exhausted, and ready to rejoin my regularly scheduled life.  But that's a post for another time... a time after it's finished and I find a big enough spot in my tiny house to actually take a picture of it.


 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the sweet words about my quilt. I cannot wait to see yours! I think the sewing the binding on is one oft he worst parts - that or ironing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates