Monday, February 7, 2011

DIY Pretty Insoles

So I have a confession... I don't like to wear shoes.  I even kick them off at my desk at work.  The price I pay for comfort is grungy insoles.  I'm gonna spare you the before pictures and get straight to the pretty after shots:


 
This was so simple, you're gonna want to do it to all your shoes!  You just need some craft foam, (they sell sheets of it with a sticky side in packs of 18 at JoAnns and Michaels), a pair of pinking shears, some fabric scraps, and an insole.  I smoothed out my fabric scraps onto the sticky side of the craft foam, pulled an insole out of an old pair of tennis shoes & used it as a template to cut the fabric covered craft foam with pinking shears.
 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

I just added these to my loong list of crafty projects!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

Wow, this is so clever...and cute!

Christie describeHappy said...

Good thinking! Such a simple solution with lots of pop!

Nicole said...

That is a great idea! I hate how the slip on shoes look so gross on the inside. With this idea they could be changed out often!

NYCYa said...

Genius! I was just perusing "designer insole" sights, because I need a pair for some shoes I just bought... Have seen them at DSW- But his is so much better! Definitely going to try this myself, as well as creating a back of the heel cushion... Could also probably just apply fabric on top of a pre-existing inner sole w/ spray tack, no? At any rate, you've got me thinking... Thanks for the great idea! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates