Monday, October 4, 2010

The Week in Bentos

Last week... {sigh} last week.  Do you ever have those weeks when you're just amazed that you're keeping it all together?  I do.  Last week was on of them.  My "real job" is sucking every bit of everything out of me!  It's just entirely too much... too much!  In addition to everything that's going on there, my dear, sweet, most wonderful child ever, Elle, celebrated her 5th birthday and I was working to finish everything for her party.  I'm really excited about showing off the pics from her party (even though I had to take them myself with my point-n-shoot between kids tugging on my skirt asking for more sugar... NEVER AGAIN!   Seriously, if you're going to make a party special, the investment of a professional photographer is absolutely 100% worth every penny!) but I was revising a power point presentation for the training I'm doing this week for 300+ people instead of editing the party photos, so they'll have to wait for another day.  

I do have bento pics for you today though.  Here we go with last week's bentos.  I've got 4 for you, even though there were actually 5 (I worked the 2 days in the office that I'm usually at home, but I had something on the lens of my camera on Monday... probably baby slobber... but didn't realize it until Tuesday, so Monday's bento was unpostable). 





Tuesday Elle had a Ritz 4 cheese sandwich cracker, a couple grape tomatoes, a prune, 2 skewers of pepperonis, chocolate roasted almonds (not to be confused with chocolate candy coated almonds!), a babybell cheese, and some grapes.
Next day was a pear, grape tomatoes with ranch dressing (in the red container), chocolate roasted almonds, a prune, fruit leather ribbons on picks, and a babybell cheese.
Look familiar?  Apparently a pear takes nearly an entire lunch break to eat :)  So the next day Elle took almost the exact same lunch.  Tomatoes with ranch dressing, chocolate roasted almonds, babybell cheese, a prunee, caramel mini rice cakes, and pepperonis.

Friday was my Elle's 5th birthday... I at least had time to make her a little fruit leather number 5 before I rushed off to work.  She also had some grapes, chocolate almonds, rotisserie chicken and dried cranberries, and caramel rice cakes in the Moja Creations snack-a-long bag. And Daddy wrote the cutest note ever which he included in her lunch box... I don't have it in front of me but something to the effect of "We love being your Mommy and Daddy.  You make us so proud!  Have the best 5th birthday ever big girl!" she read it to her teacher and friends during after school care.  I'm so not looking forward to the day when she says she'd rather us NOT leave little love notes for her!


Bentos done, let's move past last week.  This week is sure to be better right?!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Where do you get the chocolate roasted almonds? What a great alternative...

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

Hi Jennifer! My Publix carries them. They're in the chip aisle. Emerald brand, Cocoa Roast almonds, dark chocolate flavor... in a green plastic screw top container. We all eat them and Elle thinks they're dessert :)

Dauna said...

I don't think that will ever happen. She will always want you to write notes to her. She likely will stop sharing them with everyone, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates