Thursday, March 18, 2010

Leprechaun's Pot O' Goo

I decided, at the last minute, to send a little St. Paddy's Day something with Elle for her friends at "school". It of course had to be green & I didn't want to send sweets (the last thing four 4yr olds need is sugar!). The only logical option was make your own green slime kits! I dubbed it "Leprechaun's Pot O' Goo". I snickered to myself last night as I imagined how thrilled the parents must be with me at that very moment while their kids were trying to convince them of how fun it'll be to make slime!

Of course I wouldn't knowingly torture parents like that. We tried it out for ourselves ahead of time. Although my girly girl was a bit hesitant to dive wrist deep in the goo while we were making it, she warmed up to it pretty quickly and was super excited about giving it to her friends in the morning! Oh, and it's only fair that I mention (since he doesn't read my blog on the regular) that my Doug liked playing with it more than Elle... it entertained him for at least an hour :)

Making Goo requires only a few simple ingredients, so it's especially easy to make up a little kit. You'll just need:

> 4oz bottle of white glue - I pd $1 for 2 bottles at the dollar store
> 2 tsp Borax - it's been around forever, but if you're not familiar, it's a powder you can put in your laundry, a "natural laundry booster". Comes in a box
> 1/4 tsp coloring - You can use liquid food coloring, but since I was making these into kits I wanted something I could easily package. Koolaid mix works, but I couldn't find green koolaid .so I opted for green apple "Fun Dip" and it worked just fine.
> The recipe - I made these instructions, printed & cut them out and stuck them in with the kit.

Surprisingly, making and playing with the goo wasn't messy at all! It didn't leave any sort of residue or coloring on there hands or anything they were playing with... granted it was supervised play.

Have fun and let me know if you try it out!

3 comments:

carolineAlexander said...

I have made this before with my girls, they just love it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering our giveaway.

Jennifer

Karie said...

Looks like fun!!!

Dawnll said...

What a wonderful blog you have sweetie!
I stopped by to thank you for entering my blog candy...so enjoyed seeing your blog. such a beautiful family you have.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates