Monday, April 19, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday

I posted a month or so ago about my latest interest, bordering on obsession, bento box lunches. I was checking out some bento blogs and found Muffin Tin Mom who hosts Muffin Tin Mondays where Moms make lunches for their kiddos centered around a theme and served in muffin tins. I thought it would be a fun bento-ish style lunch I could do on the days I'm home with Elle, so today was our first muffin tin Monday. The theme was left overs.


sorry for the yucky picture... my camera battery was dead and I haven't perfected taking pictures with my precious yet.

She had leftover whole wheat penne sausage pasta & cinnamon raisen toast "grass", pretzel rod & string cheese "stems", leftover peas, tangerine sections, & ranch dip "flowers", and a baby carrot "butterfly". It was a huge hit!

8 comments:

~LKB said...

Very cute lunch! Welcome to Muffin Tin Mondays! I look forward to seeing more of your meals!

Unknown said...

I love the muffin tin picture you created! What fun!

Michelle said...

What a great muffin tin meal, it is so creative and really fun to look at. I am sure it tasted great to :0)

Athena's Armoury said...

How adorable! I'm a big fan of bento boxes, too, but I must admit that I haven't mastered the art of it.

Thank you so much for supporting my raffle, too! I really appreciate it!

Tara said...

Looks great! I was surprised at the name of your blog--love it!--it is my nickname for my daughter:-)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great presentation.

muffintinmom said...

so awesome! I loved how you used the cups to create a design! For a first time, I am blown away!!

RedMarionette said...

So clever! I missed seeing this post when you made it! I love the ideas of making this stuff fun for her instead of presenting all of the miscellaneous stuff on a plate. Its hard to make it look appetizing when its leftovers and you did just that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates